Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Where Am I?

If you stumbled on this blog and are wondering what it is exactly, I created this to be an outlet for whatever I wanted to write. It'll be nice to have a place to write a post about whatever I want.

The name "Neuroshock" was chosen because I am on the autism spectrum and wanted a name that reflected neurology in some way yet also sounded cool. I originally saw this name in the comments of a YouTube video, saying that "Neuroshock" would have been a much more suitable name for the 2017 video game Prey, which had nothing to do with the 2006 game of the same name and greatly resembled 0451 games like System Shock and Bioshock.

The main topic for this blog will probably be music, things like reviews, showing off stuff in my collection, talking about bands and albums super important to me, stuff like that. After having an entire week's worth of work deleted off of Metal Amino a few months ago for no reason, I thought about posting things elsewhere as well. I also see myself writing about video games, life with autism, and writing more general rants too. Other topics may also come up in time. I also plan to post pieces I have written on different platforms in the past to this blog in an effort to have everything I have worked on archived in one place. If I find something I worked on years ago that isn't super embarrassing, I'll put it up here. I've had an internet presence for a very long time, so who knows what I'll find as I look into my past? I've been mulling the idea of starting a blog for years now. Today, I decided to pull the trigger. I don't know how active I will be, but I at least want to have this here. This is for me more than anything else, but if you find something enjoyable, informative, or discover something new because of anything I post on here, that's awesome. As a disclaimer: everything posted before this is archived from another source, and each post's origin will be stated in an editor's note. Thanks for reading and enjoy the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment